google voice and my circle

Last Updated:

1. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a quick question about using google voice. if you put your google voice phone number into my circle or friends and family does that mean everytime someone calls you at that number it won't count against your anytime minutes or is it only a hub that patches the call through and the incoming number is the one that verizon recognizes as the incoming number.

Advertisement
  2. GixxerJoe

GixxerJoe Active Member

you can add your google voice number to friends and family (or my circle) but to get free incoming calls when your google voice number is called you have to set it so it shows your Google Voice number on your caller ID and not the actual number calling. Also if you have the google voice app. If you notice that when you dial out using Google Voice it dials a access number...list that number as well on your friends and family and enjoy free out going calls as well. Hope that helps

3. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

If a number, based on CID is in your calling circle, you won't be charged minutes against your plan. A couple of things with GV...

If you have the setting in GV to show your caller's number instead of your GV number, you'll need to keep the caller's number in your circle.

If you make calls with the GV app on your mobile phone, usually a different number is used to originate a call, so beware of that.

4. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

As long as you have GV set to display your GV number in the caller id then it will not count against your mins.

Also search the market for Google voice app. It will let you call anyone from your phone route it through GV to make the call for FREE. The person your calling see your GV number. I use this to call DirectTV (stuff like that) or business calls that i don't talk to very often.

"just cant type fas enough" What they said + what i said------

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Good info - perhaps this should be a compendium of info for folks using GV as their default VM?

6. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the quick reply guys. I have already set my incoming caller id to the GV number and i will have to add that outgoing number so i can make calls. I use it for work and only have 500 anytime minutes and don't want to change from my alltel plan so i come close or go over every month and this will help a ton.