1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Google Voice announces call even when phone is silenced

1. slgarm

slgarm New Member

I have a Galaxy S3 on Verizon. Google Voice is active and working. I'm not sure if this occurs with every call to my Google Voice number, but I have noticed that an audible voice ("press 1 to accept call ...") comes through even though I have the phone muted and Driving Mode is off. Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing to make the phone totally silent?

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Go to settings on the GV site (not the app, the actual site), click the "Calls" tab. There is a "Call Screening" option, uncheck it.
  3. slgarm

slgarm New Member

Thank you for the help. If this is the only way to silence the Google Voice call, that's what I will do. But I am bewildered that Google Voice can still get through when the phone is muted/silenced. Shouldn't this disable the speaker and prevent all kinds of notifications from being announced?
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I've never used that function so honestly don't know. It does seem odd though...
  5. slgarm

slgarm New Member

I thought so too. I guess we'll see if someone else has had a similar experience.
  6. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member

Thread moved to "galaxy S3" section to further assist you :)
    thanks for understanding :)