• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google voice app message grouping + notification annoyance

Tony N.

May 10, 2010
google voice is great so far, but there are two things i hate about it.

1. it doesnt group text from one person all together and i get multiple text group for a single person. is there an app or method to group text from one person all together?

2. every time i get a notification of google voice sms, i click the sms and it goes back to the original text opened awhile ago. i then have to click back, then goto the inbox toread the new text rather than reading the new text right away when i click on the notification. is there a way around this?

thanks!

I'm having the same issues (#2 being more of a pain than #1) and also that you can't text multiple people at once from the phone.

google voice is great so far, but there are two things i hate about it.

1. it doesnt group text from one person all together and i get multiple text group for a single person. is there an app or method to group text from one person all together?

2. every time i get a notification of google voice sms, i click the sms and it goes back to the original text opened awhile ago. i then have to click back, then goto the inbox toread the new text rather than reading the new text right away when i click on the notification. is there a way around this?

thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones