Google Voice App QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you who have and use Google Voice on your Droid. Is there any way to use GV when you manually enter a number? I get the choice to use GV from my contacts list but not when I manually enter the number. Has anyone else had this issue? Please only respond if you have and use Google Voice. I'm sorry I don't have any invites so please don't ask.

I also appologize if that sounds harsh but I've read through some of the other GV posts and no one really seems to answer the question.

Advertisement
  2. les017

les017 Active Member

Sorry I don't have an answer. My gv and my wifes gv on her eris prompt us which way to dial no matter how we approach it. Hope you get a better response

3. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

You can toggle it for all calls, international calls or no calls.. Or are you talking about saving numbers into the phone book?

4. plugnpl4y

plugnpl4y Well-Known Member

Have you been having this issue just today? I never use it, but to help you I tried making a call on my phone and discovered Google Voice may not be working properly.

none of my calls were being placed using Google Voice. using their website to connect my call didn't work either, I got the message "We had an error".

5. ErisDroid?

Today is really the first day that I've used it this much. So yes. Only when I press the phone button and enter the number (someone that isn't in my people) it uses my cell number, I don't have a choice. Only people in my contacts list (people list) I have a choice on witch number to use. I can call fine from the website as well.

Just curious if anyone has run into this.

6. hattrick

hattrick Well-Known Member

Does this happen when you dial with area code? I noticed GV won't give me the option if I don't use an area code. If I add the area code to the same number I get the GV option.

smacky likes this.
  7. ErisDroid?

hattrick, You are a genius!!! That was probably the best answer I've ever read in any forum. That was my problem, I need to use an area code.

Thank you.

8. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure that the whole country (USA) has gone to requiring the area code with every dial. for cell phones - putting a 1 before the number doesn't matter, but if you're on a land line - you have to put a 1 before the number when dialing out of your area code...but just the 10-digit number without a 1.'

yes it's new...yes it sucks...but we'll get over it.

9. dragonTrainer

dragonTrainer New Member

For the OP, Flex Dialer lets you dial through Google Voice with manually entered numbers.

For the others with a lot of numbers stored as 7 digits, Number Fixer makes it easy to add an area code to them.

10. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

On a side note.....several people are also having problems dialing out if the are using version 3.0 and the 2.1 leak. Using version 2.0 of Google voice still works fine though.

11. Philosophre

Philosophre Well-Known Member

Care to share the 2.0 version? Actually I think it is 0.2.0 version. But I searched for either and failed to find it.

12. OfTheDamned

I am on my phone right now, but I know there are links in both of the 2.1 sticky threads. If you do a search it just the thread it should come up easy.

13. Philosophre

Easy seems to be a perception word. Cause the use of keywords "google voice 2.0" failed to find anything. The search for "google voice" gave me post that did not have links to this infamous 2.0 version. Am I a failure?

14. OfTheDamned

15. Philosophre

16. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member

i found the search to be utterly useless till i added * before, after, and in between words. works wonders.