Google Voice as Voicemail needs PasswordGeneral

Last Updated:

1. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I set up Google Voice to be my voicemail provider on my phone.

Twice.

The first time I did it directly on the site and followed the instructions.....THEN I went to the phone and actually changed it in the Voicemail provider settings (there is a spot for it)

When called it still made me put in my voicemail #.

So I started the process over again.

This time I set up my verizon voice mail with the phone number and the ",****" for the pause and the password. Then i told it to use google voicemail.

Then I went into google voicemail and set up the phone again.

And....

Voila....it automatically puts in my password for me now. Although on the phone it doesn't show that its there at all.

There doesn't seem to be a reason to switch the setting on the phone as the voicemail indicator in "messages" doesn't change.....and also It doesn't seem to be able to set up the true visual voicemail through it.

You have to use the Google Voice app to get them and just search through your mails. (If anyone has a way around that one I'd be grateful - for both the message indicator and the visual voicemail)

Advertisement
  2. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that's how it works. When you switch to Google Voice for your voicemail you no longer "call" your voicemail or use the built in voicemail program. You have to then use Google Voice for your voicemail retrieval.

3. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is....

But because I saw that setting in the phone, I thought that MAYBE it would send the Voicemail info over to the Messages App.

It was just hoping.

I also thought it would be nice if I posted how to get it to save your password on your phone.