• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Calling broken under 2.1

There was some discussion of this in the Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes thread on pg 15. The problem seems to be compatibility between Eris 2.1 and GV 0.3. Solution seems to be to uninstall GV 0.3 and install previous version, GV 0.2. This worked for me. Link to download previous version is on the above mentioned thread page. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
sounds cool, i do however have unlimited everything. but i can downgrade my plan and still have unlimited calls and text?...or just to the numbers i add? other then that seems its similar to PhoneFusion | Home

There are other benefits too...like cheap international calling, multiple phone ringing, etc.

You will only have unlimited calls if you set one of your Friends & Family numbers to your GV bridging number. When you make an outgoing call, it'll dial that number and then route you to whatever number it is that you called.

The unlimited texting is really through email since you can have your texts forward to email...and that'll get sent to your eris via email.

Reactions: dirtmouth
Upvote 0
There are other benefits too...like cheap international calling, multiple phone ringing, etc.

You will only have unlimited calls if you set one of your Friends & Family numbers to your GV bridging number. When you make an outgoing call, it'll dial that number and then route you to whatever number it is that you called.

The unlimited texting is really through email since you can have your texts forward to email...and that'll get sent to your eris via email.
understood, thankyou for your time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones