Google Voice Chaos

Last Updated:

1. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 28, 2009
    I searched and didnt find anything that pertains, hence a new thread.

I have Google Voice setup to ASK before each call is made. I always choose "no", but it asks. I have a number of friends that I text back and forth with and they have never mentioned anything. Anything what? Well...

Today, I gave a new friend my cell number. They then texted me. I responded to that text (both in Handcent). He then texted me back (this time it went through Messages, but showed on Notifications as Google Voice message.) and asked if he should use the first number (cell #) or this "new" number. I asked about the new number and it seems GoogleVoice decided to randomly send a text w/ the GV # instead of my cell number.

Now, I have no idea if this happens more often, but as I mentioned above, with regards to my friends that I text, no one has ever mentioned anything.

Without asking them all, is there a way to CHECK the texts and see what # it showed them coming from?

Is there a setting somewhere to keep this from happening?

Also, I thought having the GV# OPTION on the phone would be good, but I've NEVER used it. Should I just UNINSTALL GV?

Thanks in advance for the help.