• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Confusion

SinfulDragon

Android Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2010
Indiana
Ok, so I have Google Voice and when I joined I opted for a GV number.
Great, works great, txts, calls all that jazz.

Not sure if its new with the update or I just haven't noticed it before but in Settings, Call Settings, Voicemail Service there is an option for Google Voice... SAWEET right? Wrong.
Take the option and it shows A my GV Number, not the phones (may be normal? A forward of the message maybe?) and B Carrier Configuration comes up telling me to dial *715555555555 (not actual number of course).
Try to call and no dice, just hangs up on me, press OK and it goes to Call Settings and just spins on Reading Settings.

So, in short. With having chose to have the GV Number, am I also able to get the GV to control my VM?

was it always like this?
I thought that when you decided to get the GV Number you lost the ability to do the VVM from your VZW Number

I don't know but people that don't even know my GV number and that I know would use my Verizon number either way (they want the free minutes and they don't text) can leave me voicemails and they get transcribed after a few minutes in my GV inbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones