Google Voice contact pictures

Last Updated:

1. daviddrys

daviddrys New Member This Topic's Starter

So I have my Facebook account set to sync with my contact but I use Google voice all the time for text and phone. Is there a way to get the pictures that go with my contact to show up when they text or call my gvoice number?

All my pictures are from Facebook so if everthing works right the pictures I see in gvoice should be the same as the profile pix in FB.

Advertisement
  2. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, your FB pics are only seen locally. They do not show up in GMail or GVoice. I wish there was a way to save them or sync with Google. when I had my G1 there was a Facebook sync program that did just that, but I don't think it's on the market anymore.

3. daviddrys

daviddrys New Member This Topic's Starter

The pic show up in my SMS box when someone sends a text to my regular number and the show up on the caller id when they dial my normal number.

4. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with your Google number. The only place FB pictures show up are locally on your phone, it is not synced with Google. So if you use GV or Gmail, there will be no picture for them unless you actually saved a picture for that person on your phone or through GMail contacts. The default apps should display the picture like you would expect, but Google Voice and I found out recently Handcent SMS look to Google for that info, but since it's not synced, nothing to display.

5. tberman333

tberman333 Member

This is not true. I used handcent for a long time and all of my contact photos showed up...and they are all synced from facebook. I recently switched to google voice and now the synced photos do not show there. Also, any contact that has a facebook sync does not show in Google Voice (even if they have a picture in my Google contact.

6. andr0id23

andr0id23 Member

Same for me. Handcent is using my linked FB pictures, but not GV. I wish it would! Oh well I'm getting a new phone on Thursday and plan on starting from scratch anyway. But I'll still want contact pics for GV!