• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice/Contacts help.. need it ASAP..

ShayPTC

Lurker
Oct 15, 2009
Hi..
Usually I will browse more but I have to get out of here, and I need help quick.

I got my HTC Hero today, already downloaded and installed google voice, and its synced with my contacts. I have some quick questions:

1.) HTC hero asks me, which app I would like to use to text a person (the phone's or google voice) and I accidentally chose the wrong one (phone) and chose it as default. How do I change it back?

2.)Is it possible to make google voice the default for ALL outgoing text messages? I don't want anyone to get the new number really... btw, since google voice doesn't allow pictures, is it possible to "block" them? I don't care people will use my email (and I will use theirs) for it. Better anyway.

3.) Gmail contacts... I have 5 years of junk contacts stored in my gmail... I guess I will have to clean them up, so this is more of a gmail question then HTC question.. However! is it possible to simply have a "find" window at the contact screen? How do you call your people the fastest way?

Thanks a lot! these are 3 "sos" questions I need answered fast because I have to use this phone hehe.. :)

Hi..
Usually I will browse more but I have to get out of here, and I need help quick.

I got my HTC Hero today, already downloaded and installed google voice, and its synced with my contacts. I have some quick questions:

1.) HTC hero asks me, which app I would like to use to text a person (the phone's or google voice) and I accidentally chose the wrong one (phone) and chose it as default. How do I change it back?

2.)Is it possible to make google voice the default for ALL outgoing text messages? I don't want anyone to get the new number really... btw, since google voice doesn't allow pictures, is it possible to "block" them? I don't care people will use my email (and I will use theirs) for it. Better anyway.

3.) Gmail contacts... I have 5 years of junk contacts stored in my gmail... I guess I will have to clean them up, so this is more of a gmail question then HTC question.. However! is it possible to simply have a "find" window at the contact screen? How do you call your people the fastest way?

Thanks a lot! these are 3 "sos" questions I need answered fast because I have to use this phone hehe.. :)

for number 1

from home screen
menu
settings
applications
manage applications
find the messaging app, tap on it
press "clear defaults"

you can use this same process any time you accidentally set an app as the default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones