Google Voice Customized Group Voicemail Greetings

Last Updated: 2010-06-09 04:50:16
  1. revelry

revelry Active Member

Hello Everyone,

I just got GV today and I'm trying to set up the customized voicemail greeting to certain groups and not having any luck. I made the greeting, it plays properly in the GV settings in a browser but when I test it from a phone in that group it stays as the default "The Google Voice subscriber you are trying to reach is unavailable..."

Anyone else have any luck at this?

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

This posting at the google forums might help:

How can I get my recorded voicemail to play instead of generic google voice message? - Google Voice Help

It gives a few specific tips:

3. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

way off topic i'm sure. can someone pm me for an invite of google voice? i can invite to google wave if interested.
  4. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

Had to stop using my google voice since sprint counts it as a landline. Loved having though.
  5. revelry

revelry Active Member

Did you get it to work gabbot? I'm still not having any luck! I'll get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

WARNING! Do not try this after being awake 17 hours with 5 hours of sleep!

Sorry patch, I used the Google Voice for Students invite so I don't have any to give.
  6. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Hrmm, not sure, I use my GV with a couple custom greetings and they've been working for me.
  7. alillowr

alillowr Active Member

Please explain, I don't see how sprint counting a number as a land line would make me consider not using google voice anymore. I currently use google voice as my primary on this phone.

What should I be looking out for?
  8. jkr4577

jkr4577 Well-Known Member

If Sprint is indeed counting GV calls as a landline then your GV calls would count towards your 500 or 1500 anytime minutes (based on your plan).