Google Voice echo

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by NewToDroid, Nov 24, 2009.

1. NewToDroid

NewToDroid Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I just started to use Google Voice and the person I called said they heard their own voice echo back to them when they talked. Is that the Droid or Google Voice?

Advertisement

2. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I'm not sure if this applies or not. But I get that from time to time on my own phone, but it seems to be just a bad connection. If I hang up and dial again, it sounds fine. Just a thought.

3. NewToDroid

NewToDroid Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    It could have been the connection. I'll keep using it and see if the problem continues.

Thanks for the reply!

4. calgirl15

calgirl15 New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I got my Droid on Nov 6 and for the past 10 days 75% of the time, the person I've called tells me the echo on their voice is so bad that I have to go find a land line to make the call. Which makes the fact that it is a cell phone useless!! I plan to go to Verizon store for help.

Anyone else have this problem?

5. rok8man

rok8man Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Sr Operations Analyst
    Plano, TX
    I have experienced that echo while using Google voice on my BB curve as well. So maybe I am thinking its a GV issue but it only happened when I called International to a certain country. It didnt affect calls to England though so I dont know why it would do that for one country and not for another.

6. I have a myTouch 3G. If I use Google Voice I also get echo on about 20% of the calls. I think it is how the handoff's to the Telco's are made by Google Voice. I have no doubt that they will be ironed out by Google. :)

7. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    If you have the droid.... just hit the speaker button twice during the call and the echo is gone!

If you get the latest update, its a non issue as that fixes it.