• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice email to self help

I have a number of email addresses attached to my full name in my contacts. If I say "email full name it responds with a list of addresses and the prompt "which address, say first, second, third" and will then ask "what message?"

I also have two Orange.net addresses which are in my contacts list in the format First name123 where 123 are the last 3 digits of my Orange number. If I say eg "email Richard123" it will select that contact and ask for the message.

You could try creating a new contact for your email with your first name followed by a couple of digits and in theory it will pick it out as mine does.

:)

Mmmm... it may not be that simple, I've just tried that and I'm not getting a response, but if I edit an existing contact by altering one digit it responds to the new contact name. Also, having selected "first" from the list it now uses "first" by default and no longer offers the list :thinking:

I'll continue having a play!!

I've had "Home" as a contact with just the phone number for some time - I've just added my email address and it responds to both "call home" and "email home".

:)

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones