Google Voice: How do I use it to replace sense dialer call screen?

Last Updated:

1. Evoke

Evoke Member This Topic's Starter

I don't like the sense screen that comes up when you make calls, and I have google voice installed. How do I make sure that the google voice screen, pictured below, sticks instead of having it switch to the sense call screen. Also, can I theme the google voice app? I'm not a fan of the colors.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Evoke

Help please

3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'll second this question, I'd like to give it a try.

4. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Question back to you: Does the Google Voice screen actually come up in your call? I have G.V. and I haven't seen it come up. With me, it just has a box that comes up and says that I am dialing through G.V. I have had GV since I got a Hero last October.

I thought that the sense screen was just part of the operating system. I suppose there could be an overlay for the dialer, buy I have only seen those in rooted phones.

5. Evoke

It does come, and then the Google Voice Screen goes away and the Sense screen replaces it. The box you mentioned also appears.

6. stas333

stas333 Member

i have my GV set up to call international numbers only, so when i call a number from my contacts (international) then the GV dialer opens, but it does gets replaced by sense dialer.

7. TGolbus

TGolbus New Member

I have the same problem. It flashes for a second (regardless if I use the GV for all, none, or prompt) and then the HTC dialer takes over. EVO.

8. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member

That's not the Google Voice dialing screen, its the standard Android one. That's the exact screen that showed on my Moto Droid when I would make calls. (With or without Google Voice) And the reason you see it momentarily is that its buried deep in the OS, but the Sense overlay takes over after a moment. There is no way to get that screen permanently with a Sense phone.

9. Evoke

One solution is to flash the Cyanogen mod ROM if you have root.

10. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member

Yeah. I just meant there's no "official" way to force that screen on a Sense UI phone.

11. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

I have Google Voice too and i'm pretty sure the Google Voice dialer shows every time I make a call but it shows as a little box that says somethin like "calling from" and then it displays the number then it goes away. I have it setup so that ALL calls are made via Google Voice...