google voice integration

Last Updated:

1. chillax

chillax New Member This Topic's Starter

How is the integration of google voice with android 2.0? Does anybody know? Will i be able to seamlessly use text messages and voice calling through my GV number?

Advertisement
  2. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the same thing. I setup a GMail account and Google Voice. Waiting for my Wave to get approved (friend invited). I'm going for the google experience for sure.

3. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member

I recall reading in a droid review that calls can go straight through GV or you have the option to have it prompt you before each call whether or not you want GV to handle it. Also, wherever I read that stated that sms goes through the GV app.

I don't remember where I read this though so it could be completely wrong.

4. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member

Does anyone know if you can turn off the radio in the phone and place calls thru GV on wifi? That would be cool.

5. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member

This is not possible. GV is not a VOIP application. All calls through GV have to be made through a carrier or VOIP application. So if you want to use GV from your cell phone there either needs to be a separate android voip app and service for you to make the call through or you have to use your cell service.