Google voice invite? I don't understandGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mike54937

mike54937 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. Could use a little here with google voice. Seems like a great little addition to my phone but I've been reading that I need an Invite. How would one go about receiving one of those? I downloaded the program and now Im at a stand still with it. Any help would be great.

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

From what I understand, you have to be invited by a current member ... thats how I got it. I really like the visual voicemail through Google Voice. I havent set up a number though Google Voice yet, but plan to.

I am not sure how to find out of I have any invites that I can send you.

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

There are 3 ways to get an invite.

1) Go to http://www.google.com/invite and request an invite. There's a link on there. It usually takes anywhere between 1 week and 1 month for google to send you an invite.

2) Ask someone who has extra invites to send you one. It can either be an unused code from Google, or if they already have a Google Voice number, they'll see on the left side after logging in how many invites they have to give out.

3) Spend about $2 and buy one from eBay. I did that for one number. Kind of shady that people are making money off of a free service...but my area code recently because available after a long period of all being taken...so I figured it beats waiting and missing out again.

4. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

There is a thread going in The Lounge on this forum. Take a look and post a request. I've only got one left- sorry.

5. mike54937

mike54937 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the swift response. And with that being said, if anyone should happen to have any of these "invites", I would love to get one so I could check this out. My gmail is mike54937@gmail. Also, how do I if I. have received an invite?
    Thanks in advance.

6. cisco_zombie

cisco_zombie New Member

Mee too. I would love to get a google voice invite. seems that i've been waiting forever.

anyone got some christmas love out there?:D

wgentry@gmail.com

7. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

I signed up 10 days ago and got invite 12/18.

8. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I've sent out the only two invites I had to give. :)