Google voice invite... the faster way with .edu email

Last Updated:

1. muncher

muncher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those looking to take advantage of voicemail transcription on their new EVO, I came across this little gem today:

Google Voice for Students

Instantaneous (almost) invite for anyone with a .edu address!

also, I know this has been posted already, but dropbox will be awesome for EVO too ... and I desperately need more space so pls help me out =D

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTIyNDAyOQ

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

thanks... got mine that way :) don't have invites to give out on it tho... the downside I guess

3. relin

relin Member

I signed up using your link. I signed up with my school email, received an invite in 24hrs.

4. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I see the benefits of Google voice, but I still like VVM.
    Does GV have an app similar to VVM?

So are these the only perks, if so I don't understand the benefits:

• Voicemail like emailReceive voicemail online in your inbox, search through voicemails and more.
    • Free text messagingSend free text messages online or using the Google Voice mobile app.
    • One number for lifeChoose a single number to give family, friends and potential employers.

5. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I probably won't use it, but I just signed up for an account as well.

6. jacker

jacker Well-Known Member

I have it.

benefits

1. You get a google number to pass out among your friends , relatives , dirtbags who will call you relentlessly.

2. You can forward the voicemailss to your phone via text messages and also as emails. Heck you can even load up google voice via internet and listen to your voicemails that way.

3.Scanning your emails and seeing your voicemails is almost like visual voicemail.

4. with google voice you can bypass incoming calls by giving out your google number and then having google dial their nmber ....walaa!

Roman G. likes this.
  7. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I graduated a year ago, discovered my student email was still active so I used it to "finally" get Google Voice. Shhhh.... don't tell Google.

(If I disappear to never post again on this forum, you know what happened to me.)

clambert1273 likes this.
  8. muncher

muncher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

don't forget ridiculously cheap international calling rates with google voice. I believe there is a setting where you can automatically use google voice for international calls!!!

9. cmram12

cmram12 Active Member

Delete

10. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Google Voice is awesome. You never have to delete a voicemail again, and you can listen to them on any computer anywhere. Plus the horrible voice transcription makes everything hilarious.

Covert_Death likes this.
  11. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i love reading translation mishaps , i surf youtube now that they have a CC option in some clips and it is so freaking hilarious to see how it screws up the smallest things, it misses one word so therefore it adjusts the whole sentence to make sense lol, its great