• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Invite

Lex!

I also had an HTC Touch Pro. I was addicted to flashing and always trying to tweak that phone! It was the Verizon version, so I had to deal with the memory gimped model too.

I pre-ordered the Incredible and have had it since 4/28 (yes a day early!). It is an understatement to say that I love it. My bet is that you will have the same reaction. My only (small) thing that I miss from the TP is a hard end call button.
Interesting. I do use the hardware hangup, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Yes, I have the VZW memory gimped version as well. I actually don't hate the phone (like I feel like most phones towards the end of the term). It served me rather well. I just tried a couple of ROMs early on, but I have so much installed and little things customized, I didn't want to keep wiping the phone and starting that all over. If I was a little more into it, I'd have spent too much time, like you ;), tweaking it.

Upvote 0
can anyone spare an invite! ufokillerz@gmail.com

If this link violates any rules, will a mod please remove it and let me know, I couldn't find anything about it in the forum rules.

A friend sent me this link and said it is a legitimate site to get GV invites. That being said, I have not tried it myself as I got an invite about the same time as his email telling me about this.

Google Voice invites

Upvote 0
Technically, I have an unlimited number of Google Voice invites since I am easily able to acquire as many e-mail addresses through my university as I want, and GV is being distributed to those with .edu addresses... I have a few that I requested, and it says they should arrive in the next 24 hours. I'll post here once I get them.

New GV accounts don't start with any invites, so it'll probably take you a while before being able to invite anyone else.

Upvote 0
I think he means that he can generate as many .edu addresses as he needs to get invites and distribute them when they come in.

Hmmm, that does seem like an awfully blatant abuse. I wonder if Google does any checking to see whether invites sent to .edu accounts are actually being used by non-edu users. Not that they're likely to have a good technical means to do so, of course.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, that does seem like an awfully blatant abuse. I wonder if Google does any checking to see whether invites sent to .edu accounts are actually being used by non-edu users. Not that they're likely to have a good technical means to do so, of course.

As a crusader for truth and justice, you should by all means inform Google of this evil enterprise! :D

Upvote 0
jsut a sec i sent you a gmail invite instead. I had three g voice invites availble> i need to find them. just a minute

iowa, i sent you a voice invite. for some reson i had 3 last week and i only had one today. I will try to figure out what happened to the other 2 i had.

Sorry about the confusion :(

crazy dave you are next on my list if i can figure out what heppend to my other 2

Reactions: Dman089
Upvote 0
iowa, i sent you a voice invite. for some reson i had 3 last week and i only had one today. I will try to figure out what happened to the other 2 i had.

Sorry about the confusion :(

crazy dave you are next on my list if i can figure out what heppend to my other 2

Got it. If I have the ability to give one out, I'll take care of Dave if you can't find the others. Thank you very much!!

Upvote 0
tkim, it is still a limiting process since it takes anywhere <24 hours for the invites to be sent, and I'm only allowed to have 5 of these 'aliases' at a time. If it works, great, I'd be happy to help a couple of people out. Honestly, I wouldn't even have the motivation/time to keep doing this.

This is what I've been doing actually, and it seems to take a day for my University to accept the alias, and then I'm good to go. The invites usually have been coming about 6PM to 8PM PST, requested around 10AM.

Upvote 0
Got it. If I have the ability to give one out, I'll take care of Dave if you can't find the others. Thank you very much!!

If you get invites to send out and you can hook dave up that would be great. I only had one left so I am not sure what happened to the other 2.

I will contact google to see what happened but i wont be able to until later tonight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones