Google Voice is suckinGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused::confused:So I finally get the invite and go thru all the BS, but when i miss a call and get a VM things are not right. For instance I'll have a missed call and VM is left. The notification is there with the google VM number to call so i call it and it says no new messages. I will then call Verizons VM and there my message will be WTF........terrible:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member

You have to set it up online and in your phone to have the voicemails go to your Google Voice account and not to your Verizon account. Did you do that? Let me know--I have Google Voice and love it!

3. SBCT

SBCT Well-Known Member

I also have Google Voice with no problems. You need to set up your phone so that missed calls are forwarded to google's voicemail number rather than verizons voice mail number. Google configures your phone to do this for you when you go through the google voice setup process. Make sure you went throught both processes both on the google voice website as well as in the google voice program on your phone.

4. zurin

zurin Member

What was said. you need to grab Google Voice from the market and run through the setup process.

5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Just dial *71(yourgooglevoicenumber) ex:*715555555 to set up voice mail. Thats what it prompted me to do.

6. maddog015

maddog015 Well-Known Member

I'm actually running into a problem where I'm getting text messages of what the message is after I had already unchecked the "send MMS". So, I'm getting 30 texts telling me what the voice mail says. Very annoying.

7. raphifix

raphifix Well-Known Member

Same here. Make sure you go online and uncheck the box for SMS notifications and "Save Changes"

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I finally get a Google Voice Number, and lo and behold, the number doesn't work. I get a number could not be completed as dialed error everytime I call it, from any phone. For now, I'm going to stick with the VZW voicemail until I can get this figured out....

9. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

I just signed up and everything today for it, So far so good.

10. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

Thanks- that was annoying me too, the transcribed part was never really that close to what the message was actually saying.

11. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member

Am I going to have a 'New Voicemail' notification, a 'New Email' notification, and a 'New text message' Notification? It seems like deleting all three would delete the purpose. Does it mark all as read after reading one, or delete all after deleting one, and so on?

12. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

I had the same problem when I went to a Google Voice Number. There is a whole section in Google Voice Help set aside for the issue. You will need to go to the link below and fill out the information.

Call can't be completed as dialed : Calls - Google Voice Help

I want to say it took about three months to get mine straightened out, but I am also in a very rural area and the number of peeps with Android phones, let alone using GV on them is probably slim. Most people on the help forums are seeing one month turn around times. YMMV due to the number of folks in your area with the issue.

13. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Taking GV for a test run here, opted to just use my Verizon number. Got everything setup correctly and so far so good. Not an earth shattering experience, but still pretty neat. We'll see how long it takes before the novelty wears off and the practical use factor kicks in... or not.

14. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

I like the fact that you can see, albeit not necessarily correctly translated, the voicemail before hearing it. Plus on GV you can just listen to it right through the app, no dialing in and entering a pass code. Seems more and more people leave useless voicemails or at least that is the case for me.

Nice to not have to jump through those hoops to hear "Just calling to see what you're doing."

15. Demache

I'll have to look into that.

And I tried it from my home phone (Midcontinent Communications), and apparently, the number goes through perfectly fine. So it seems to be a problem with how Verizon is routing the number.

However on the home phone its considered a long distance number, so I don't want to get charged for that.

16. maddog015

maddog015 Well-Known Member

Better than paying for Verizon Visual Mail.

You'd think making the changes on the phone would make them for your account in total. Noooo, of course not. Thanks for the help.

17. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

Two things I hate about GV.....1. The playback audio SUCKS....Very faint at max volume setting and voices sound tinny. 2. The screen stays on when listening to messages, my cheek always hits the screen and stops the message playback. Anyone have any suggestions for these problems?
    CK

18. Demache

I just use the speakerphone. I normally do when I listen to normal voicemail messages anyway, because I hate pressing numbers when the phone is on my face. lol.