• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Issue: Texting and Calling

I'm having a couple issues with Google Voice. The first is with texting. I press the search button and the Google search bar comes up and I then activate the microphone icon. I say, "send text to "Joe" and the text box pops up, but "Joe" is in the "message" part of the text instead of the "To" area. So I have to delete Joe and reenter his name into the "To/Recipient" area. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a common problem?

I'm also having problems trying to make calls using Google Voice. If I say "Call Joe" it will call the closest business instead of going to my contact list.

Vlingo seems to work better for me with texting and making calls. It's just too bad because I love the integration of Google Voice instead of having to load a separate app.

I wanted to bump this because I still haven't found a resolution to this problem. I thought that since I got no responses or tips that I was the only one having this problem, but I've found other people having the same issue on other forums. The only problem is that the "solutions" people offer don't seem to work for me.

The problem I have been told is that the Google Voice Application uses your Google account, not your contact phone list, to make calls or texts. So, I imported my phone contacts (csv file) to my Google account and synced my contacts to my Google account. That worked and now I have a little "g" by all my contact names. I am, however, still unable to call or text my contacts using voice.

I'm obviously missing something, but I am lost on what it is. Any help would be appreciated. :thinking:

haha. OK. So, I guess it just took my phone a little bit to fully sync because it's working now. This thread can be closed. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones