Google Voice Issues in Froyo

Last Updated:

1. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Since running Froyo, Google voice and the messaging app aren't automatically updating messages. If I refresh I'll get the messages. I've enabled background data. The settings in Google Voice are
    YES to Synchronize Inbox
    YES to Background Data
    NO Notifications via SMS
    YES to Inbox Notifications
    YES to Vibrate
    YES to Light

Thanks guys,

Cruud

Advertisement
  2. skryer

skryer Well-Known Member

any chance you are using a task killer? i havent had any problems with voice updating. just make sure you exclude gvoice from the task killer if you use one.

3. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem and I don't have any task killers installed.

4. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

oh no! you're right! my gf must think i've been ignoring her! this might actually be a deal breaker for 2.2 for now...

5. GorillaTheHutt

skryer, you get instant notification of received SMS thru google voice? without having it forward the SMS to your phone #?

6. binglejellsx2

I might have to revert to the old school way for now, and this might be a temp fix for everyone: have it sent to GMail along with the GV SMS.

GMail push still seems to be working for me. Unfortunately, to use this method you'll have to update the settings on a desktop machine.

johnlgalt likes this.
  7. skryer

skryer Well-Known Member

Nope i lie, i am still receiving voicemail but not auto for sms

8. GorillaTheHutt

aw, too bad, i thought there was hope. :eek:

9. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

Google Voice is working fine for me. It's a bit quirky at times, in that I have to click the app icon twice for it to open. It's been that way for a while on 2.1 though too. Notifications are coming though just fine. Only thing I can think of that I may have done different, is the baseband update that is floating around the recent rheads in the main Droid forum.

10. GorillaTheHutt

ah, i haven't flashed the new baseband yet. i'll let you all know the results when i do, but if anyone else tries in the mean time, let us know!

11. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I flashed the new baseband and I'm still having problems with google voice. It's pretty frustrating since this is what I use for voice mail. I get no notification unless I actually open the app and then boom there's the notification.

12. Wisdom

Wisdom Well-Known Member

I'm still running CM5071 and GVoice has been hit and miss for me for the last two or three days so it might not be an issue with Froyo.

13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have the baseband update on FroYo (not a themed version, the original dumped version, for now) and I waited 15 minuted for a GV notification to show, never did.

Thus far I am using VZW for SMS and that comes through instantly.

I was planning on switching to GV for SMS for free SMS but I may wait until 2.2 is officially released for the DROID *and* in AOSP.

14. binglejellsx2

So, I just installed the new leak on MDW along with the new, new baseband that just went out. The GV SMS notifications seem to be working again, but I cannot attribute which may have let it start working again.

Just a side note: this time I actually wiped my system, data, and cache before loading the new CW NANDroid. Previously I had come from CM 5.0.7.1 and did not perform any wipes.

Perhaps the new leak is the solution since some people have reported fixes for things such as Chrome to Phone and the Torch LED apps. I can confirm the torch apps are now working also.

15. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

not fixed here after updating the baseband to the very new one

16. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Anybody find a fix for this yet?

I'm still having this problem, and it seems to be getting worse. I've had GV voicemails delayed by 12hrs(!) recently. That ain't cool.

17. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have had them delayed up to 30 minutes thus far, but I have a feeling that we're now experiencing growing pains, as GV is now public, and there has been a flood of new users taxing the system - yes, even Google's server can get taxed.

I suspect that in a week or two all will be a lot better again. And I am sure loving the Push SMS notification (when it works).

On the flip side, I've only had 3 or 4 issues this month- but all of them have been at critical times when I needed the info ASAP.

18. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

It's only happened to me twice. I just rebooted my phone both times, and the issue was resolved.

19. GorillaTheHutt

yeah, my issue seems to have resolved itself, too. i didn't do anything. weird...