1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Google Voice-JellybeanSupport

1. jellybeanwhat

jellybeanwhat Member

After the update from ICS to Jellybean, the Voice command has suffered.

The google voice voice command is slower to access after the button is held to access that feature, which I was using all the time in ICS but now, with the "upgrade" to JB I find it slow to first appear but the real issue for me at this point is I do not care for the loud "chime" tone after the results are returned to you.

I have spoken to T2 at Verizon who in turn spoke to Motorolla which said that this "chime" cannot be turned down, off or eliminated....unless of course you turn down the volume or mute the phone.

It this correct or is there a way to silence this annoying "chime"?

Advertisement
  2. AlexRayquaza

AlexRayquaza Well-Known Member

Yes there is if you unpack the apk, delete the chime sound, then repack the apk.
  3. jellybeanwhat

jellybeanwhat Member

Can you please provide a step-by-step procedure for this?
  4. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

I also hate the way search works now and despise both the initial chime and the "done" chime as well. I miss the ability to tap the hardware button to bring up text search and long press it to bring up voice search directly.

However, I think removing the sounds from the .apk may cause issues.
    Replacing them with a second of silence named the exact same thing might work better.
  5. jellybeanwhat

jellybeanwhat Member

Thank you, can you please provide a step-by-step procedure to accomplish this?