google voice laggySupport

Last Updated:

1. droidx80

droidx80 Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if its coincidence but i just bought the motorola extended battery and my phone seems to be lagging alot with google voice and just seems a little unstable overall. Been loving my x but has been letting me down since the new battery, though i love the battery life with it. Guess i need to try the old battery again and see if it improves.

Advertisement
  2. droidx80

By the way im on 2.1 rooted

3. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

Battery should not affect GV performance. My GV works perfectly with both extended and standard batteries. Make sure you're in an area with good signal (voice and data).

4. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

When you say laggy, what do you mean?

GV can have a delay between you speaking and the other person hearing what you just spoke, no matter what you're talking on. Sort of like when you see interviews via satellite.

All depends on the server loads, sometimes there is no delay at all, sometimes it seems like there is a half second or better.

5. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member

It's the latest Google Voice update that causes it to be laggy, especially for heavy texters (like myself).

I suggest you uninstall the updates to it or install an older version like 0.3.4

Do a search on the web for Google Voice 0.3.4 APK and you'll find it. It'll work like a charm there.

6. droidx80

I would think exactly the same thing
    I mean like when navigating through the app is extremely slow. I can hit the back button and it can take 3 seconds before anything happens, or when scrolling it may freeze for a few seconds and then I can start scolling again. Never had a problem before.

7. sodaboy581

sodaboy581 Well-Known Member

Like I said, downgrade your Google Voice application on your phone.

8. droidx80

Thanks. After reading your comment about rolling it back I looked at the comments in the market and saw everybody seems to be having the same issue. I loaded 0.4.1.19 and its better, I might give the 0.3.4 a try though.

9. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing, uninstall and find the previous Google Voice/Search - mine wouldn't even let me finish typing a search before freezing and FC. Strangly enough if I go to the google search in my app tray or the widge it works fine. Maybe its confused since I have the leak, I have several apps that are dups, old ones from 2.1 and new ones since 2.2.

Honestly shortcut the seach key or Dolphin/Browser and you won't have any problems.