Google Voice not working after 2.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. dibba

dibba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Couldn't find a good forum to post this in, hope this is the right one and you guys can maybe help?

I've got a Samsung Moment that had 1.5 on it for about 4 months and had Google Voice working on it just fine. Great, loved it.

I recently updated to 2.1, and everything works great on the phone EXCEPT Google Voice.

I go through the steps and it tells me "We have a problem! Your phone number could not be verified. Please try again."

I've tried a BUNCH of time, rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled, everything I could think of.

What does that mean? Any suggestions?

If it's a stupid answer, just punch me in the face and tell me the answer! :)

(thanks for moving this to the appropriate forum!)

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

log on to your google voice account online and make sure its all verified there and everything is up and connected.my gf had the same problem and it turned out that it just needed to be reset online.

3. dibba

Everything online was OK, so I deleted the number from Google Voice online, and re-added it. Went through the steps, had even uninstalled and reinstalled GV on my phone, still no luck.

Still says "number cannot be verified"...

Arghhh, was working great before I did the 2.1 upgrade!

4. dibba

OK - so I created another Google account and got another Google Voice number. Then I added that new number to my phone and it worked just fine.

So not sure what's up with my original Google number, but I guess I found a work-around for it.