Google Voice notification issue with carrier txtGeneral

1. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

Anyone having this problem?

I used to get GV notifications when someone sends a text to my carrier phone #. All of a sudden this past week I noticed that whenever I get a text message sent to my carrier # I am not getting an equivalent notification on my GV.

I rely on it because I don't touch my phone much and I like to be able to respond to text via desktop browser and my Nexus 7.

I haven't changed any GV settings and haven't upgraded my phone. My phone # and GV is still integrated. Just checked all the settings. The GV setting "Receive text on this phone" is checked off.

I'm on VZ. My GN is on 4.1.2. Its no longer rooted after 4.1.2

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Well if you want to receive texts via the Default messaging app then you need to check the "receive texts on phone" option, otherwise, when anyone texts your GV number then you should receive the text via GV app.

I know i had an issue last week where my gf kept receiving my texts from different numbers and her number kept changing too...it was really annoying and made me get rid of Google Voice..
  3. val88

val88 Well-Known Member

No you don't understand. Up until last week when someone text me via my verizon phone #, my GV app would notify me as well as the default messaging app. Seems redundant. But with that type of configuration, my tablet is alerted and my desktop is alerted. Now only my phone is alerted via the default message app and I don't know why.

All of my GV settings are still checked off so it should still be integrated.