Google Voice Notification Question??/

Last Updated:

1. Brijadyn

Brijadyn Member This Topic's Starter

I set up Google Voice for just voicemail and I think it is great. However, the only problem is that I receive 3 notifications for every voicemail message which is getting very very annoying. I can't seem to make this stop! I get one notification from my google voice inbox- which is the one I want. I get a text message from a wierd number with the transcript of the message. Then I get a message from my Gmail inbox. I have gone into my google voice inbox and clicked on settings and unchecked notifications via text message hoping that would get rid of the text message notification but that doesnt seem to help. Does anyone esle have this problem or can anyone tell me what settings to change? I am sure everyone does not deal with 3 notifications for every vm. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

Google.com/voice --------> Top Right Hand Corner "Settings" ---------> Voicemail Settings ----------> and then change notifications as desired. Rebooting phone should help

3. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

Did you tell it to give you all of them or did it just do it? I have been using GV for some time now and on both of my phones it only gives me the GV notification.

4. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

Just did mine and it fixed a problem I did not know I had. When checking notifications and sync, it warns you that you will get double notifications if both are checked