1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

google voice - notifications stopped working

Last Updated:

1. werkem

werkem Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are threads where people are stating there is an outage with sending and receiving text with google voice, I am experiencing something else.

I just recently logged in to my google voice account (which I use for my phones voicemail) and noticed that I have a ton of voicemails that my phone never notified me of. Normally I would get the google voice icon in my notification bar to let me know, but now its not working. I currently have my phone set to email me when I get a voicemail so I don't miss them anymore, but I want it fixed.

Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

If you have a Task Killer installed, uninstall it and reboot.

While TKs may save battery, they have unpleasant consequences, like interfering with push and poll notifications.

3. erikcave

erikcave Active Member

I have been having this issue as well. It is very frustrating. Just now I was finally notified of two voicemails left four hours ago. Sometimes I don't get the notification until the next day. I have even had times when I knew I had a new voicemail, went to the Google Voice App, hit refresh and it still didn't download. I have been searching, but have yet to find a solution. BTW, I don't use task killers.

I have an Incredible running SkyRaider.

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Have you rebooted your phone since this happened? If not, you should try that first.

If that fails to help get you sync'd up consider uninstalling the GV app and reinstalling.