• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice on the MTS

rleal2010

Android Enthusiast
May 6, 2010
Texas
Ok guys, I understand the basics of google voice,

it allows you to use another selected number to show others instead of your own.

This allows you to save on money from stalkers, so you can change your numbers without having to pay a fee.

But I want to uncover other things about google voice and its uses.

Could you set some people to go to the google voicemail, and others to your cellphone voice mail?

Could you set some people to automatically go to voicemail?

Is there a way to turn off google voice, and everyone that calls your google voice number will be directed to your email and not your phone.

Ok guys, I understand the basics of google voice,

it allows you to use another selected number to show others instead of your own.

This allows you to save on money from stalkers, so you can change your numbers without having to pay a fee.

But I want to uncover other things about google voice and its uses.

Could you set some people to go to the google voicemail, and others to your cellphone voice mail?

Could you set some people to automatically go to voicemail?

Is there a way to turn off google voice, and everyone that calls your google voice number will be directed to your email and not your phone.

You can't change your number free it costs $10.

Upvote 0
Ok well here is what I know.

once you are connected to google voice, the call process is as follows:

when you call out, you actually call google voice, and then afterwards, it connects you to the number you wanted to call. So therefore you can "Change your identity"

It doesnt cost anything to change you number on Google voice.

It does cost money to change your number on your cell provider.

Also, when somone calls your "Google Number", it connects them to your cellphone number. If you dont answer, it forwards them to your google voicemail.

Google voicmail has a visual online voice mail, it can also transcribe your voicemails to text, which is simply amazing. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones