Google Voice outbound calls over 3g on Evo? Could not complete your call

Last Updated:

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the android client installed on my Evo. Google Voice prompts to use the service when dailing out.. but all I get is "Could not Complete your call". Does Google voice require Wifi on my EVO? Did I miss something?

Update: I just connected via WiFi but still getting that error. Also, I'm reading that even if it works.. I will still see a call to some local number (on my Cell provider) every time I initital a GV call from my cell phone. Is this true?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. krelkor

krelkor Member

Can you receive calls to your GV number? send texts?

3. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been testing with my wife's Evo before buying my own . I've been able to get calls to the voicemail of my the GV number - I'm not interested in picking up calls from the Cell. I just read that the phone won't be allowed to initiate calls from the ap unless I allow GV to add my wife's phone to my GV .. which I did not do. Will try that tonight.

Anyways, I'm learing that GV does not actually use Data for the call, only to route the call. So it appears the only thing the client is doing is allowing me to quickly place a call from the GV line and giving me a pretty GUI to see messages. It also appears I will be charged sprint minutes when I place a GV call... oh well.

Thanks.

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

to the OP,

some numbers you dial can not be connected thru GV. i have called a couple numbers before and the line was either busy or would just ring.. i would then dial out using the sprint number and they would go thru.

there is a reason behind this but i dont know it. :D perhaps on googles forum they speak about that... ive had GV for almost a year and have only seen this happen a couple times to a couple numbers that dont like to be called thru GV... it has nothing to do with the phone. i even had this happen on the hero...