Google Voice Outgoing Call ProblemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cmlamorte

cmlamorte New Member

Hey guys, I can't make calls using google voice. What happens is I will dial a number and press send, then something will pop up asking me if I want to make the call with GV or without GV. I choose WITH GV and it will start out okay, but after 5 seconds it goes back to the normal call screen and calls regularly with out GV. Is there anyone who can help me out with this? I have a droid eris. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it isn't using GV? This is how GV works on my phone, and it's using GV.
  3. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Using google voice doesnt change the call screen. Its the same as default. Try calling yourself and see if the google number comes up on caller ID.
  4. timmywa

timmywa Well-Known Member

Anyone know if google is looking into fixing the short code "issue"?
  5. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member

You can use a widget that allows you to set the phone to "always use Google Voice when making calls" or "never" or "ask me."
  6. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

What issue is this? Ive never had any problems with using google voice for calls.
  7. large

large Member

I had a similar issue. I didn't use the prompt for each call, but instead had GV set to be used for international calls. I didn't notice it wasn't working until I got my phone bill.

I'm not sure how it was fixed but it started working after I wiped my phone and reloaded everything (upgraded to 2.1 leak V3). You might want to uninstall/reinstall GV... if that doesn't work try factory reset of your phone the install GV.

FYI, you can check your call history in GV online to see if your outgoing calls are actually being routed through GV.

Good luck.
  8. cmlamorte

cmlamorte New Member

I didn't know GV doesnt change the call screen but that doesn't really matter. When I call people they are getting my regular number instead of my GV number.
  9. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

That is a setting in Google voice. You can have it show your regular number, or your google voice number.