Google voice problem, ....help, pls?General

Last Updated:

1. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed google voice (no google number, just my own).
    I use it for overseas calls - 2c/min - great!

The last few days when I dial an oveseas number, as usual, the google voice screen comes up, I dial, then the voice anounces "this call will cost 2c per minute...", as usual. Everything worked greatly for a while.

But the last few days this is what's happening: The phone then rings, and rings no one picks up. I checked my ballance: it is over seven bucks.
    I got suspicious and I called again the same number on land-line.
    The phone got picked up right away, person was at home all the time,
    only when I called via g.voice it did not ring. (It rang in my phone thought, not on the other end.)

What can cause this? How Do I fix it?

Peter

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

google voice has been buggy for me lately. i dont get text reminders for them anymore. strange.

3. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience also. Rings and rings, and if you let it ring enough they will charge you for the time. My wife was overseas for a little while, and in about a month I racked up about $60 in GV charges, and can't remember talking to her but a few times. I gave up on it and started dialing direct, problem solved.

4. iggypop123

iggypop123 Well-Known Member

its a beta. you can expect issues. i only use it for texting and its perfect.

5. HSenior

HSenior Active Member

Has anyone else noticed that GV is updating REALLY slow lately? I'm talking about it's sms feature. For the past day or so I'm not getting texts right when they're sent. And I have to kind of manually update by going into the GV app and hitting refresh for a text (sometimes one that should have arrive 1+ hour ago as the time stamp indicates) to show up.

Usually GV is very quick, I get notifications for texts the minute they're sent.

Is this a problem with Google or is this something unique to my phone?