1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google voice problem

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have google voice set up on my phone so that it sends me an e-mail to notify me of new messages. I have turned off "inbox notifications" with "refresh inbox" set to never. I turned on my phone and found a status message for a new voicemail. I can't get it to go away no matter what I do. I logged on to goole voice on my laptop and found that there are no messages. I turned the phone off, then back on. I turned on inbox notifications, then turned them back off again to see if that would reset it. I can't get rid of the notification of a voicemail. Doesn't even give me the option to clear it in the status bar. I even signed out of google voice on my phone to see if that would make it go away. No luck.

Anyone with some suggestions.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Stand on your left foot, hold your breath, put your phone in your raised right hand, and say in a loud, distinctive voice, "Message notification be gone!" three times.

Seriously though, I have no idea.

3. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Figured it out. In case this happens to anyone else, it was because my wife forwarded me a voicemail to my verizon number. Forwarded messages go to the verizon voicemail automatically. Apparently, google voice cannot intercept it.

Hopefully, it won't happen to anyone else.... I'm not sure how I would feel about my wife forwarding you messages.