Google Voice Question?

Last Updated:

1. DJMatthews33

DJMatthews33 Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got my google voice number, and it seems like I am not able to do what I was trying to acheive....What I want is the ability to differentiate on my android Evo 4G when someone is calling my normal number or when someone is calling my google voice number. I just moved from Phoenix, AZ (so I have a 480 area code) to Austin, TX (where they use 512 as their area code) and I want to be able to keep my old number and have a 512 number to give out to potential clients. When I downloaded the google voice app through android market the thumbnails showed pictures that seemed to indicate that it would tell you when someone was calling your google voice number. THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!!! Does anyone know how I can acheive this?

Advertisement
  2. Dyermaker

Dyermaker New Member

What you are looking for can be done under Settings -> Calls on your google voice page. Behavior for inbound and outbound calls are set there.

3. gww528

gww528 Active Member

Google > Google Voice>Setting>Calls

Caller ID (in) [​IMG]
    0..... Display caller's number
    0..... Display my Google Voice number

4. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

As what was mentioned. In your Google voice settings when you login via a PC, you can set the inbound call behavior to either show the person who is calling as the caller ID or your GV number. That is one way to tell if someone is calling your GV number.

OR

You turn on call screening.

Either of those will give you what you are looking for.