google voice questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. double

double Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Under the messages app their are 3 tabs on the bottom. Sms, mms, and voicemail. I really liked how all 3 messaging formats where accessible under one place. Well I finally activated Google voice and decided to use voice for my voicemail. Now that I am not using Verizon visual VM I have to use the seperate voice app for checking VM. Is there a way to integrate Google voice mail into my voicemail tab under messages.

Advertisement
  2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

there is a gogle voice app u can use to view the voicemails like visual voicemail and also have them transcribed.

I dont think you can link to in ur messaging app, although there might b a third party app that can but i dont think so because people with google voice VM also use the app for texts

3. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

Go to settings> call and at the top of the list it has an option to choose voicemail service. Just set google as the default.

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

This does not make the VoiceMail tab in the messaging app refer to GV unfortunately...

5. double

double Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you are correct it does not. its not the end of the world but it is annoying. i really liked the way it combined all sms, mms and voicemail into one location. now i have two apps on homescreeninstead of one.

6. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Are you using Google Voice for text messages too? If so, you probably shouldn't be using the default Messages app anyway.