Google Voice Search Busted on 1.6?Support

Last Updated:

1. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So Google Voice Search is broken for me since upgrading to 1.6 which I am in tears over as it was top 5 favourite application. It was never included with my Bell phone so on 1.5 I had google around and find the APK to install it. No problem it worked fine but since upgrading to 1.6 it is busted. I just did a full wipe and it was the first application I installed, it did one successful search and then nothing.

I would like to solve this so if anyone has clues please help.

Advertisement
  2. master darko

master darko Active Member

Voice Search worked at first once I upgraded to 1.6. For me, it stopped working after upgrading Maps to 4.0 version. :(

I found Maps to be more beneficial so I uninstalled Voice Search... and started living in denial.

3. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Uninstall it, reboot the phone, install it back. That is what helped me. If that does not help you, just try again, or try pulling the battery out for 30 secs along with rebooting.

4. master darko

What is 'it'? Which do I uninstall, Maps or the Voice Search?

5. mogden

mogden Active Member

Well I tried it with Voice Search (twice) and it didn't help. Fancy trying it with Maps? :rolleyes:

6. informale

informale Well-Known Member

I have Maps 4 installed. Unistalling Voice Search, rebooting and installing it back worked for me.

7. master darko

I installed Voice Search, restarted, uninstalled Maps 4.0 update, restarted, installed Maps 4.0 update, restarted then tried Voice search... still broken! :mad:

8. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Same here. I have tried every which way but loose. One time out of ten the application will function correctly. Mostly it appears to take the voice input but the modulation graphic is never displayed and of course no search.

9. master darko

Even tried this combination, no luck. Input graphic is there registering voice but search... I give up on Voice Search! :mad: