• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice Search doesn't work properly (Android 4.1.1)

I just updated to Android Jelly Bean and wanted to use the new voice search.

When I use it,it only searches Google. It doesn't give the cards when you e.g. ask how tall Obama is. It also doesn't set a reminder when I ask.
On the bottom of the screen it shows a little bar where "internet" is highlighted: it only searches the internet. Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not working?

Things to note: I live in Belgium and I got my update by clearing the data in "Google Services Framework"

I hope you understand what I mean

Thanks alot!

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in the US, Google has disabled the Google Voice search to only bring up Google search results, due to a patent dispute with Apple.

P.S. Welcome to AF! :)

Really? I seem to remember a statement saying that they haven't changed Google Now despite the patent disputes. I could be mistaken though.

Upvote 0
Already got it to work. Thank for the info tough.

Also thanks for the welcome!
Got it working? I just flashed my girlfriend's Nexus S before she had to leave for work and had exactly the same problem. I live in Denmark and thought it was because Google had disabled it when being outside an english speaking or for all non-US regions. I know it isn't available in danish but I'm just looking to try it in english anyway.

So how did you work around it thomasdewulf? I would really like to know as I expect it to be the very same issue I'm having.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones