Google Voice Search in Market different than Voice Search in leak?

Last Updated:

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently running the 2.2 Froyo leak on my Droid X, and I noticed that there is a Voice Search app in the Market that my phone does not recognize as being installed. Is this an updated version of the software included in the leak?

Advertisement
  2. dabomb224

C'mon guys. Bump.

3. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Not sure but the market would be the most up to date version.

Too bad it does not work for me. I can say send text to contact x. Or email contact x, or call contact x.

Flat out does not work. Weak sauce imho.

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If you're running a leaked 2.2 rom. It is likely that blur and other basic apps have been removed for rom speed. The developer expects that we will add back the features we want. On some roms, I forget which, you have to add voice search back in, in order to get your voice commands to work on the keyboards, etc...and yes, there was an update for 2.2 and I recommend it highly.

This really is a root issue, so I'm going to move it to the root section. That's probably why no one answered your question, back in September.

Cheers!

Steven

5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Does it work for you Steven? I'm running ApeX and it flat out is borked. So basically, its a useless app to me.

6. dabomb224

I got everything working way back on the original 2.2 leak, but since rooting and installing Apex/Rubix, I cannot get it to recognize any of my contact names. The solution on the original leak (unrooted) was to upload all of my Contacts to the Google cloud. Unfortunately, this solution no longer works.

Any ideas?