Google Voice SMS ThreadingSupport

Last Updated:

1. revelry

revelry Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have any other GV users experienced the threading of the same contact getting broken up? It almost seems like Google is switching the number it routes SMS through for the same contacts on a daily basis.

This is even more odd because it recognizes the contact the SMS is from and labels them properly but separates the threads.

I'm confused and cannot seem to find anything searching the web. I want to have all SMS threaded from the same contact like all other SMS threads work.

Advertisement
  2. wreed

wreed Active Member

I am having this same problem on my Droid x...did you ever find a solution for it?

3. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

I've always had this problem, even on the google voice website. If I have a previous SMS conversation in my inbox, I can reply to it, but replies from the other person will start a new conversation. I don't think there's anything we can do, it looks like a problem with google voice as a whole, not anything particularly wrong with any android handsets.

4. trife

trife Well-Known Member

not sure its a problem. I think after a certain amount of time it starts a new thread. only does it if i haven't messaged them for like 5 hours or something.

I like it that way i dont have one file with 1000 lines in it.

paulgl26 likes this.
  5. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

I've noticed that it tends to break apart the messages when the messages are sent over different days. For instance me and a buddy can send 10 texts over the course of a few hours and they all thread but if we text the next day it starts a new thread.

The issue is occuring with my Eris. I haven't really looked into finding a fix though.

6. yungwunn911

yungwunn911 Active Member

bringing this back from the dead.

But is there any rhyme or reason to this? ANyway to stop it?

7. aston4

aston4 Member

this problem has only gotten worse since the last update and it is making me insane.