• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google voice sucks!

I've gotten a LOT of voicemails on GV and never has one gone missing. What makes you say it is "lost"? Can you see it if you log into the web interface on a computer? Are you sure that one of the phones that is being rung by your GV number isn't picking up on voicemail?

Upvote 0
The only issue I've EVER had with Google Voice is when a female coleague from work left a message for me saying we were going to meet at six; and Googles wonderful translator put it in the message as sex. Ironically I asked my wife to read the message for me because I was cooking dinner...and, well, created a fun moment.

Upvote 0
The only issue I've EVER had with Google Voice is when a female coleague from work left a message for me saying we were going to meet at six; and Googles wonderful translator put it in the message as sex. Ironically I asked my wife to read the message for me because I was cooking dinner...and, well, created a fun moment.

Ohhh man! :eek: That could NOT have been a fun night.

Upvote 0

I love how some of the translations come out; they've been amusing. I hope they can make this better in the future.

Upvote 0
seems like most of you guys have no issue with GV.. when I say my voicemails are lost.. I mean people tell me that they leave VMs and somehow I never get them. My settings are fine.. I have set it to NOT send me SMS message to my phone (because I do not have a text package)... I used to get notification on the notification bar.. but that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

The transcription pretty much is never even close to the actual message.. but the biggest problem is that people leave VMs and I do NOT get them in time.. I only get them when I click on the google voice icon.

Upvote 0
seems like most of you guys have no issue with GV.. when I say my voicemails are lost.. I mean people tell me that they leave VMs and somehow I never get them. My settings are fine.. I have set it to NOT send me SMS message to my phone (because I do not have a text package)... I used to get notification on the notification bar.. but that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

The transcription pretty much is never even close to the actual message.. but the biggest problem is that people leave VMs and I do NOT get them in time.. I only get them when I click on the google voice icon.

As a test.. I left a message about 90 minutes ago on my cell phone.. I still haven't gotten any indication on my phone.. online however, the message seems to be there.

Upvote 0
@kriskmk Have you gone into your Google Voice Settings on your phone. Look at Sync and notifications. Check for Synchronize Inbox is checked and Background data is Enabled. ALso see if Inbox Notifications is checked as well.

I don't see any Sync options.. when I click on "Voicemail settings" after selecting Google Voice as my voice mail provider.. it tells me that I have set up Google voice on my phone by entering a special code.. (which I had already done when I first did the set up.. why is it asking me again).. ..

anyway.. on the phone.. I really don't see a way to get into GV settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones