Google Voice Text Message app

1. deltaforce

deltaforce Well-Known Member

Hello folks,

I wonder if there is any app that you can use for Google Voice text messages. A quick search gave a few results on PLay Store like Talkatone and stuff but wasn't too sure of how good they are, the reviews were not very clear.

Anyone uses such app?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean...there's a Google Voice app that allows for text messaging...
    deltaforce likes this.
  3. deltaforce

How stupid of me!! I did not search for that. I was under the impression that Google Voice app gives you access to only phone feature of Google voice and not the text messages. You can't place a call using it, right?

Thanks mate. I hope it works as advertised.
  4. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Actually you CAN place a call using it, you'll need an app like GrooveIP to act as your dialer, and to allow it to ring when receiving a call.

I have both apps on my phone since I dont have unlimited voice OR minutes, and tend to use that when I am at home to make calls/send texts over wifi
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

There's Google Voice, Google Talk, and Google+. Although technically the 2 latter aren't text messagers. More like regular messengers that also allow for video conferencing.
  6. deltaforce

I am also looking into GrooveIP but your outgoing number would be your google voice number, not your cell phone number, right?
    Or the other way around, you could give google voice number to everyone and forward it to your cell phone.

Which way are you working it out?