Google Voice Text Threads

1. p54239

p54239 New Member

I have noticed that when texting using GV that it will split up my threads for the same person/number. I can see it maybe doing that if it's a different day or something, but it's a running conversation. Any idea how to stop this?

Can you run any other apps to control GV texting? The UI aint all that. Handcent is much better but I don't see a setting in there to use it for the GV number.

Advertisement
    :
    phantom6294 likes this.
  2. phantom6294

phantom6294 Active Member

I noticed the same thing the other day and wanted to ask the same question.

I've got one thread with my wife that spans from 8/27 through 9/9 with a couple multi-day gaps between messages. Then, after that, several threads each with just a few messages, but a couple of days between each thread. It's the same way via web access to my GV... so it seems it might be something 'server' side I would assume vice something with the app on the phone.

I thought it may be caused by 'composing' a new message instead of sending one from within an existing thread, but that seems to have no bearing on the break up. Right now, it just seems random.

It does make the UI quite cluttered on the phone with multiple threads for the same person. At the very least, I wish the UI would have a different tab/column/whatever for voicemails and text messages.
    p54239 likes this.
  3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason on the thread splits, it's annoying but it's also free!
    I signed in to GV on my laptop earlier and there was a "take the survey" link, they are looking for opinions/suggestions. It's the second time I've filled one out...hopefully they are paying attention and will fix it up :)
    p54239 likes this.
  4. blotsome

blotsome Member

I was having the same issue and was shocked to see this is a year and a half old. Any updates or fixed for this? Google voice splits up text conversations seemingly randomly. Can it be fixed through google voice? Or are there any 3rd party apps that have a better UI and supports TXT through your google voice number?
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Still no resolution to this issue as of right now.