Google Voice Transcription Strikes Again!General

Last Updated:

1. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 1, 2010
    Ah, technology. We can split the atom and create microscopic sentient robotic machines, but Google Voice still can't quite grasp the subtle nuances of the human voice. To that end, I offer this example from a voicemail my brother left me the other day. The following text is an exact copy/paste with no alteration on my part. It goes without saying that this isn't even remotely close to the message he left. Submitted for your perusal (and amusement)...

"Hello. Hey, you look at your new off from the private up. We will for intake of the day as we're going to be we go for C. P. A. G. Party and This is speak up traveling there then. But tons of pretty good. Look at the actually shot. Global Equity one told us a new could be there. Up douchy Let's. Let's all kinds of okay and So yeah what's a good up on two to Megan arguable punter, and her ass book, but I don't know. So I will try your ass 18 tomorrow or something. Or if you get it unit. You know, you text me. Inspector, gimme a call back. Let me know your schedules like for that week alright cool. Joe, and I'll talk to you later. I have."

2. Gato

Gato Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Here's a current one from a co-worker. It's close. Well...really it isn't that close.

"Hey Greg, My phone here so just to let you know. Thanks. For, i just want to see if it'd be if you this morning. My flight got canceled the early this morning because of the damn weather here. So, so far. This morning I have that so that I worked airport. laGuardia and J. F. K and now. My flight's at 4 o'clock this afternoon so that I'll be getting there tonight. So, anyway, I just I want to say thanks for that and I. You probably saw that email. Got a call about. I don't want to o'clock this morning, with a customer issue look at this price failure. I'll wait for them to see if they call me back. It's about I'm assuming everything's okay. So anyway, if you feel like it. Feel free to gimme a buzz. Otherwise, have a great week and I'll talk to you later. Take care. Bye."