• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice txt duplicating messages

hklevi

Dec 8, 2009
I have been using Google voice for a few months now and have been loving it until last night. I mainly use it for txt messages and last night I received one immediate followed by a txt message from the same person/content as an actual txt message. I have continued to receive duplicate messages from this person (only one that has txt'd me) and I need it to stop! I don't have an unlimited txt plan (and don't want one) not to mention the redundancy of the messages coming to Google voice and my txt folders.

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I don't know if this is a result of updating to 2.2 two days ago or not....

It's just a setting. Log into your Google Voice account online, go to Settings > Voice Settings, locate your Mobile number and select edit. Uncheck "receive text messages..."

edit: there's likely a way to do this from the phone, I just have never done it from the phone and knew the steps to do it through a web browser.

Reactions: hklevi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones