• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice typing - LOST

Word on the street is that Samsung has officially, deliberately disabled Google Voice input with their keyboard. To use Google Voice input, you must select the Google keyboard or install a third-party keyboard app, like SwiftKey, Swipe, or Thumb Keyboard. I personally love Thumb Keyboard for a tablet: You can intricately customize keyboard size, features, shortcuts, layout (both portrait and landscape, and have different layouts for each orientation). I have no idea how much lag using a different keyboard app will add to my Note 7. Hoping none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same problem, and have been going crazy trying to fix it. From what i hear Samsung DID NOT disable this feature, it is something going on with the samsung keyboard and the google voice keyboard. I have cleared cache on the google search app, reset the phone twice. I know how to get the microphone button, but when i hit it i get s voice. If i disable s voice, i still get svoice. If i turn off samsung voice keyboard, i get a button that does nothing when you press it

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, and have been going crazy trying to fix it. From what i hear Samsung DID NOT disable this feature, it is something going on with the samsung keyboard and the google voice keyboard. I have cleared cache on the google search app, reset the phone twice. I know how to get the microphone button, but when i hit it i get s voice. If i disable s voice, i still get svoice. If i turn off samsung voice keyboard, i get a button that does nothing when you press it
So it looks like Samsung DID disable this feature. Whether or not deliberately, the feature to use Google Voice input with the default Samsung keyboard is effectively disabled.

Where did you hear that they idt not disable Google Voice integration?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones