• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice Typing Not Working.

charlington

Sep 8, 2015
Hi. Please help, I've been trying to use the Google keyboard voice typing but it's not working. The problem is that in the setting, language and input method the Google keyboard is greyed out, as you shall see in the screen shot that I've attached below. I've been following these steps:
Setting> Language and input > Keyboard and input methods > Choose keyboards > here I arrived to what is indicated on attached screen shot ( a greyed out google keyboard)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-24-22-40-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-22-40-27.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
@MLSS, I did as you've suggested but i'm not getting the solution, When I follow this procedure: press the comma> Google keyboard setting> Preferences > The voice input key option is also greyed out. Look at the screen shots below and advised.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-24-23-28-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-23-28-52.png
    52 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_2016-08-24-23-28-22.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-23-28-22.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0
Enabling Google Voice in Google settings does not allow Google Voice input via the stock Samsung keyboard. Only way to get Google Voice input is to select the Google Keyboard as the default. And I do prefer the Samsung keyboard. The combination works on my Galaxy S5. Thinking Samsung's gotten to pushy and hogged the input functionality if you select their keyboard. :'-(

Upvote 0
On the Note 7, Samsung has officially disabled Google Voice input with their stock Samsung keyboard. The only way to use Google Voice input is to select the Google Voice keyboard.

Perhaps there's a third-party keyboard available that's as good as Samsung's that is compatible with Google Voice input. I'll be searching for that, because I really don't like Google's keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones