Google Voice Users Post Here.

Last Updated:

1. Jorenm

Jorenm Active Member This Topic's Starter

If you view your call history with verizon, do you see the majority of your calls as SCRM MAIN from 9165383466?

Or do you get some other number labeled SCRM MAIN.

What is this?

Advertisement
  2. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

Before I added GV to my contacts, it didn't give any name that I recall, but it was always my GV #, unless I had GV set to send in the callers ID.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Google Voice uses a number other than your Google Voice number for outgoing calls. I haven't bothered to look into whether this number is based on your phone number or your current location, but I have seen reports of it changing periodically. The call log on your Droid should show the "correct" number though.

4. Jorenm

Jorenm Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm. I'll have to keep an eye on it, because adding that # to your fav 10 would save you a lot of minutes.

5. iclickjohn

iclickjohn Well-Known Member

I've had a Google Voice account from the very beginning of Grand Central (it's name prior to Google Voice) I signed up way back, before I had discovered the whole big world of Google. So up to date, I've had an account with Google for Calendar, mail, contacts, etc. But my Voice Account is so old it is different and I can't get it to link to my current Google account. Google won't let me change the primary email (username). I did figure out how to switch accounts on the phone and I do have it functioning, but would prefer to have all my Google on one account mostly so I can get my contacts to sync with Voice. I've tried every angle.
    Been enjoying texting again, but all my friends have my regular cell number which does not allow texting . I can text out w/ google voice number which in turn can be replied to back to same.

6. snosamie6

snosamie6 Active Member

I have been waiting two weeks for my silly invite! If anybody has one lying around, I will gladly pay it forward whenever mine comes through.

7. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that. I'm on week 4. I kinda gave up on getting an invitation at this point. Some people have gotten theirs in days.

8. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

Yup. I'm in 704/980/Charlotte but the call connects through 919 which is in Raleigh more than 100 miles away.

9. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

My experience has been that Google Voice integrates very well with the device. If I place a call to (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ through Google Voice, and it uses (AAA) BBB-CCCC as the relay number, the original number, (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ will show up in the call log, as it should.

10. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

I am the same way, I'm in the 336 Greensboro area and it connects with the 919 number. I will say when I was using the BB it was a different number.

11. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

You are correct, the original number shows up in the call log. If you are calling out it will show the number you are using if you keep watching the phone screen after you hit the green phone. I noticed this and had to go to my friends and family and change the number.

12. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

If want to save minutes by using goin voice u can't use the app to make calls u got call ur own gv number like u would ne other number n then press two n dial out

This way u avoid the google access numbers showing up because evetually some will show up on ur call log

13. szman

szman Member

Anyone having problems with GV and the relay number using the android app? No outgoing GV phone calls work for me - I hear nothing. I feel like it's a problem with the relay number. I can, however, dial my GV number, press option 2, and then make a GV call. SMS works perfectly too.

14. jlee@pbu.edu

jlee@pbu.edu Member

PM me for a GV invite (I have 3). I don't really believe in Karma but maybe just maybe FedEx will get my droid here quicker...

15. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

That's not true, if you have the outgoing number on your friends and family, it will not use minutes. If you don't have that number or don't have the friends and family or you just don't want to take up another number on your friends and family then yes, that is the way to do it.

16. jlee@pbu.edu

jlee@pbu.edu Member

one down, two to go... I thought people would respond quicker to Google Voice Invites...

17. brbruce0

brbruce0 Member

Thanks again Jlee, this google voice app is just awesome. Here's to hoping your phone comes in shortly.

18. jlee@pbu.edu

jlee@pbu.edu Member

Invites are gone but my droid has arrived! yay!

19. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

I have a question on Google Voice. If my friend in Holland has Google Voice could we send SMS to each other? Or if he doesn't have GV could I send SMS from my Droid to his mobile phone?

20. DocEsp

DocEsp Active Member

I've been using GV for a couple of weeks and it does not seem like GV SMS will count against your regular txt messages. I've tested this with another person who uses GV also, so now we just send each other GV SMS.

21. thaJack

The SMS you send through Google Voice does not go through your carrier's SMS plan. It is sent as data from your Google Voice account directly. If you receive one, same thing... it comes to your Google Voice account and is sent to your phone as data.

In fact, if you use your Google Voice number (and the GV app) for sending/receiving SMS messages, you do not need a plan at all on your carrier.

22. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

True, but they may be delayed, as the app polls for new messages unless you have them forwarded to your SMS on your phone, or via gmail.

23. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

No sh*t sherlock haha that's the only way to save minutes u need hav ur gv number as one of ur friends and family .. to use gv to save minutes u need to hav friends and family there is NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT....

HEY ADMIN PLEASE MAKE ONE OFFICIAL GOOGLE VOICE THREAD FOR THE DROID.
    There are way too many theards on the same topic and same questions are being asked. Remove the other theards and but their posts all in one

that would be really great

24. thaJack

That's when I suggest using email. I think SMS is ridiculous anyways. I can't believe how many people are willing to give up free email to send $.20-$.25 messages limited to 160 characters.

It's like we've all gone back in time!

25. thaJack

Dude, seriously... this is a message forum, not a text message. Please spell your words appropriately.

ibleedbloo likes this.