Google Voice Voicemail issues

Last Updated:

1. kyleslat

kyleslat Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

I got the Droid yesterday, and I'm trying to use Google Voice *just* for voicemail. However, it seems like I never get notifications about new voicemail, unless the app is open. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, recorded voicemail is very soft when it's played back, almost too soft to hear. Any ideas on how I could go about fixing it?

Advertisement
  2. kyleslat

Anyone have any ideas?

3. stktrader

stktrader Member

I get notifications no problem, but the vms are very soft when playing back. I tested it on all the vms I have and I can't hear much. I think I will have to switch back to reg vm from vz till this is fixed.

4. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

You caN have VM transcribed and sent as an email or text and its pretty fast. VM and text via Google Voice are checked on a timed interval that you can change in settings. I have notifications turned off and have texts forwarded to my Droid. Much faster that way and never have to open Google Voice, everything goes through stock SMS. I don't 100% understand about your VM being soft. Is it soft listening through earpiece or speaker? If you mean speaker do you have GV set to play through speaker?

5. kyleslat

athflying: It's soft listening through the earpiece and also the speaker. I think I might have to switch to getting an SMS when I get a voicemail--it'll probably be less drain on the battery anyway.

6. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I think you do have to have it send an SMS for it to notify you. That's how I've been receiving notifications. I haven't had any problem listening to it with the play function though.

7. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Before going back to VZ's VM give youmail.com a try. It does decently and its not as quiet. A little in the way of notification lag but you can manually check too if you're expecting one.

8. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

I talked to Verizon about this today. They are having the same issue regarding the earpiece volume with their own Visual Voicemail as well as other voicemail apps. They apparently are working with Moto to resolve the issue.

9. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

The problem is the In-Call volume is low. Make a quick phone call (like to your voicemail #), turn the volume up, hang up, and try listening to voice messages in Google Voice. Google's app needs access to in-call volume.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

11. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

My question is how do I get GV to handle just my voicemail? I can't seem to find a setting on the phone. I did on the GV site but not sure where to do it on my phone.

12. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member

im having the same issue as well. i found the option under call settings and when i try to set up the VM from google voice it tells me to call a number and get a provision code, but when i call there supplied number i get a verizon wireless error message saying the call cannot be completed or such

13. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

When you activate Google Voicemail for a particular phone, it should ask you which carrier you are using, and provide carrier-specific instructions for you to forward unanswered calls so that Google Voicemail will handle them. Without providing any personal information, can you tell us exactly what you're dialing that's giving you this error instead of successfully programming your call forwarding?