Google Voice vs YouMailGeneral

1. JSD_NJ

JSD_NJ Well-Known Member

I have long used YouMail on my phones but I feel like it got a little 'sloppy' with adding contacts to my lists and just looking ugly in general, so I am trying out google voice. Anyone else make the switch?

So far I like GV, but with one minor issue. I like the option to display the VM in th call log. Very convenient, but when you check that setting the notifications no longer work.

Advertisement
  2. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

I've been using youmail for a long time --- 2+ years? has it been out that long?

Been contemplating the switch to GV, just to consolidate Google's hold on me. Voicemail is a thing of the past anyway, I hardly listen to them.
  3. MaxYM

MaxYM Member

I'm sorry that you feel like we've gotten sloppy in the Android contacts experience. Would you mind posting here or emailing us at androidbeta AT YouMail.com with why it turned out to be a negative experience? We'd love to win you over again and make things right.

If you don't like voicemail, you also have the option with YouMail to not allow people to leave voicemails and have a greeting that tells them to email or txt you. You can even use our Call Receipts feature that'll automatically txt them with a custom message like "Txt/Email me."

To not allow anyone to leave a voicemail, simply ditch the "Default" contact at the YouMail Contacts page at YouMail.com.

-Max Ninthara
    YouMail:))
    dhworph likes this.