• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice with Myfavs

been doing it for years now (since grandcentral) - are you trying to call out using your gv number, or using the gv app? - or are you testing calling into your gv number? - if you call out using the app, the current app uses a random number so it no longer works w/faves - try dialing your gv number & using option 2 to place the call.

I use a calling card app to do the dialing for me.

you can also use the web app to place the call out.

if you're testing calling IN to your gv number, then make sure you have gv set to show you your gv number on inbound calls instead of the caller's number (I know it's a little inconvenient to lose caller id, but you want FREE CALLS... right?) :)

Upvote 0
been doing it for years now (since grandcentral) - are you trying to call out using your gv number, or using the gv app? - or are you testing calling into your gv number? - if you call out using the app, the current app uses a random number so it no longer works w/faves - try dialing your gv number & using option 2 to place the call.

I use a calling card app to do the dialing for me.

you can also use the web app to place the call out.

if you're testing calling IN to your gv number, then make sure you have gv set to show you your gv number on inbound calls instead of the caller's number (I know it's a little inconvenient to lose caller id, but you want FREE CALLS... right?) :)

I use the computer to make out going calls so that the call goes to my phone as my google voice number which is added into my "fave5" but it's not coming up as a free call. my bill clearly states the call as being from my GV number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones