Google voice with root?

Last Updated:

1. Drew95376

Drew95376 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Understand many people have problem with leaked patch of 2.1 working with google voice. Do any of these roms address this issue? Thinking of taking the leap but need my GV! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. char561

char561 Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no problem using google voice on my rooted eris with the 2.1 rooted rom

3. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

char561, what rom are you using? I've tried the original 2.1root rom, vanilladroid, and kaoslegendary... My Google Voice didn't work right with any of the 3... The issue the OP is probably talking about (correct me if I'm wrong) is that when you call someone using Google Voice, your regular cell number shows up instead of the Google Voice number. I can receive calls, send/receive texts with Google Voice, but outgoing calls show my regular number instead of my GV Number.

4. antnyp85

Supposedly the new version of 2.1 that just leaked out today has a fix for the Google Voice issue, along with a bunch of other fixes. Maybe some of the devs will come out with a rom using it soon :-D haha. But I'm happy with my phone for now lol.

5. char561

Try using the google voice app from thefuzz4.net It is way better and actually works

6. char561

The rom has never mattered with that one. I did it with the 2.1 and the vanilla and the aloysius roms

7. antnyp85

Thanks char561. Much appreciated. It says "This section is under construction at the moment" on thefuzz4.net, so I'll check back on there. Unless you have the apk and want to share it? I just have the Google Voice app from the Market.

8. char561

PM me your email and I'll send it

9. char561

Sent, let me know how you like it.

antnyp85 likes this.
  10. antnyp85

Sweet thanks! This one's working. Had to uninstall the other one I had, because it said "update available" as soon as I installed the one you sent me over the one I had previously installed.

(FYI for anyone who decides to install this one, just uninstall the Google Voice app you currently have first and then install this other one... I think it's just an older version of the current Google Voice App, which actually works).

11. char561

If anyone else needs the .apk and the site is still down PM me your email